How to reduce your recruitment costs.
Reduce Your Recruitment Costs
With so many cloud based recruitment systems available to you, why would you use a recruitment agency for the majority of your staff recruitment? There are strong arguments for using a specialist recruitment agency for hard to fill or specialist roles where sector or skills specific knowledge and experience is required but for a lot of recruitment this can be done by yourselves with some assistance from us.
This article outlines a process which you can follow if you are looking to recruit a number of staff on a regular basis and where the selection process is clearly defined.
The outline of the process is straight forward:
- Setup an Applicant Tracking System – We recommend Recruitee.com because:
- Is relatively low cost, cloud based and easy to use.
- You get a free employer campaign page.
- Your job advert is automatically posted on to the free version of www.indeed.co.uk and Google for Jobs.
- Recruitee has a visual recruitment stages screen so that you can instantly see at a glance how many applicants you have at each stage.
- It has a CV database and so if you employ seasonal workers then you can easily message them all prior to a new season starting.
- Create your job and person specification, initial online questions to sift the time wasters & which stages you need; CV or application review, phone evaluation, 1st & 2nd interviews etc.
- Build the employer page promoting your employer value proposition and job advert. For example, https://heritagehealthcaretrafford.recruitee.com/ (Great if you have a video or we can do this for you)
- Assign users to the system who will manage the process
- Switch on promotion. I.e. the job advert is listed on Indeed and Google for Jobs at no cost (unless you Boost Indeed)
- Facebook and Facebook Messenger advertising combined with a Chatbot system called ManyChats is a great way to recruit:
- Healthcare assistants
- Contact centre staff
- Cleaning staff
- Construction workers
- Hotel staff
- Warehouse or driving workers
- Seasonal workers
- Basically, any staff that you require a number of on an ongoing basis who can be targeted through Facebook
For a more detailed look in to developing your own recruitment process take a look at: How to Effectively Recruit an Employee
Putting it in to Practise
You can reduce your recruitment costs by doing it yourself. But if you do need help then these are the sort of steps that we would need to take you through:
- Initial requirements meeting (£250+VAT)
- Capture Employer Value Proposition
- Collect marketing collateral (Logos, colour codes, images words etc)
- Agree recruitment objectives, first job description, target audience, timescales, budgets, recruitment stages etc.
- Signup to Recruitee (79 euros/month )
- Create a one page employer campaign site (£500+VAT)
- Employer Value Proposition Video. This is a 60 second video. Typically costs around £600+VAT
- Setup Facebook/Messenger/ManyChats adverts and fine tune. (£450+VAT/month for our management time & includes the cost of ManyChats) plus £500/month Facebook/Messenger adverts.
We have included our costs if we are doing it for you. Another option would be for us to train you how to do it or a hybrid of we set it up, getting it all working for 3 months and then handing it over for you to manage when all the issues have been ironed out.
Once embedded in your business the process outlined is a great way to reduce your recruitment costs. It gives you control whilst reducing your overheads.
If you would like help with your recruitment marketing, please call 0345 0537417 or message us through the icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
For more information on the process of recruitment go to, “How to effectively recruit an employee”